Friday, March 25, 2005

Silver

River of Prayers


Walking miles through ceaseless rain
Barren hills of fear and pain
Color fades and light goes out
Rain falls parched and seared with doubt
Memory fades, meanings spin
Pain is all that’s ever been
Never to again feel peace
No kind of hope, no release

In the bats wing of despair
Appears the tail end of a prayer
Silver in the blackness falls
Twists and glitters, silent calls
I saw it there, a slender spark
Leading up, out of the dark
In the silence, thin and hollowed
Silver sang, and I followed

Like a woven plait of stairs
The silver sang with many prayers
Linked to make a glistening light
Leading out of pain and night
Through the hours it carried me
Silver river to the sea
Borne upon it’s healing foam
The river brought me safely home


©Edwina Peterson Cross

1 Comments:

At 9:09 PM, Blogger Believer said...

Hello Winnie,

I've come back to this poem because of its beauty and sadness. My hopes and prayers are that you have passed this time of fear and pain and that you now sleep well at night and enjoy each wakening.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home