Thursday, May 26, 2005

GLEANERS

Seed Lines: From the Poem “Dancing in Perpetuity” by Anna Chinappi. Posted on the Lemurian Abby Blog, Tuesday, May 24, 2005.

“She’s done with the dancing,
no steps and moves left,”



April Night


She has the truth of
my body
the slim, supple, rounded limbs
that flow so freely into movement.

She has the truth of
my spirit
a joy that knows no edges
a heart that dances and dreams.

Bright, ethereal spark of dancing light
she is the image of my
other side,

That solid self
once-upon when
before time
before the splintering shadows
of pain.

She is the image of
my body,
my spirit
my joy
moving . . .

Moving . . .


I leave her at the studio door
and a shadowed specter slowly walks away
eyes swimming with salt
body twined with pain.

I hear the music
I can almost taste the movement
behind the
closed
door.

But, this shrouded spirit is lifeless
dormant, barren, maimed,

Broken, cleft, splintered
still.

As my soul split
I kept only
my heart

and it is
burning . . .

Burning


©Edwina Peterson Cross

1 Comments:

At 1:57 AM, Blogger Believer said...

Ah, the first line gleaned and brought to the alluvial mines. Yes, Winnie, this is where it belongs--heartfelt and true gold.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home